Micro Sensor 1.8
The tiny but powerful motion tracking sensor captures precise measurements in full 6DOF and delivers tracking speeds up to 240Hz.
The top choice for wireless, self-contained, large area tracking
The Micro Sensor 1.8 is one of the latest breakthroughs from Polhemus, the leader in motion measurement innovation. This 6DOF micro sensor tracking element utilizes Polhemus proprietary AC electromagnetic technology, weighs in at less than a gram, and measures only 1.8 millimeters in outer diameter. Micro Sensor 1.8 comes in Standard and Flex models, for a less rigid cable option.
Small and lightweight, it packs an enormous amount of capability into its small size and provides both position and orientation data, at speeds up to 240 Hz (frames of data per second).
Micro Sensor is compatible with several Polhemus tracking systems. Accuracy is specific to the Polhemus tracking system selected.
- LIBERTY: 240Hz, 1-16 sensors
- G4: 120Hz, 1-3 sensors
- FASTRAK: up to 120Hz, 1-4 sensors
- PATRIOT: 60Hz, 1-2 sensors
- Update rate: 188Hz/marker for one to eight markers; 94Hz/marker for nine to twelve markers
- Interface: USB; RS-232 to 115,200 Baud rate; both are standard
- Latency: approximately 5 milliseconds
- Power requirements: 100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, single phase, 50W